Merz Apothecary is a 143-year-old retail pharmacy and boutique in Chicago, Illinois that specializes in selling unique, natural, and hard-to-find health and personal care products from around the world. At Merz Apothecary, we are persistent in delivering top quality products to our customers. If you are dedicated, enjoy inspiring others, and want to share your enthusiasm for a modern apothecary, there’s never been a more exciting time to join us! Being part of our journey today quite simply means shaping the future of our business. We offer great benefits including competitive wages, schedules that fit your life, and a substantial in-store discount for all employees.
Full-Time Retail Sales Associate
Location: Merz Apothecary | Downtown
- Do you have an interest in natural health, personal care, herbs, supplements, homeopathy, beauty or skincare?
- Do you connect well with people?
- Do you speak passionately about the products you sell?
- Do you enjoy learning new skills and information?
- Do you like working one-on-one with customers and developing client relationships?
Merz Apothecary is a family-owned business dedicated to creating a memorable and rewarding experience for customers AND employees. Our 144-year-old business is focused on natural health, personal care, and beauty.
We are looking for a full-time Sales Associate to join our downtown location on the lower level of the Palmer House Hilton Hotel.
The Sales Associate works closely with customers to determine their needs, answer their questions about our products and recommend the right solutions. The Sales Associate stays up-to-date with product information and maintains our store’s high standards for visual appearance.
- Welcome customers to the store and answer their questions
- Assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Actively seek out customers in store
- Ensure high customer satisfaction through gracious service
- Follow and achieve sales goals
- Maintain store, ensuring shelves are stocked and in presentable condition
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered
- Process purchases and handle returns
- Collaborate with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
Build productive trusting relationships with customers
- Excellent customer service skills and the desire to connect with people
- Strong communication and listening skills
- A friendly and energetic personality with a customer service focus
- Ability to perform under pressure and address complaints in a timely manner
- Ability to speak honestly and passionately about the products we sell
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team and collaboration skills
- Availability to work flexible shifts
Experience and Education
- Experience or interest in natural health, personal care, herbs, supplements, homeopathy, beauty or skincare
- Established retail sales and customer service experience
- High school diploma or GED diploma
- Proficiency in English
- Fluency in German, Romanian, Polish, Serbo-Croatian, or other second languages a plus.
The position is for 40 hours a week. We offer a competitive salary based on experience with excellent benefits, 401k profit-sharing, and an incentive plan.
To Apply: If interested in this position, please email your resume along with a cover letter or introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes sent without an introduction WILL NOT be considered. Please include any schedule limitations. Must have excellent references.
Receiving & Shipping Warehouse Associate
Location: Merz Apothecary | Lincoln Square
We're a leading Chicago natural health and beauty retailer with a robust e-commerce business looking for a packing and shipping associate for our web and phone orders.
The right candidate must be efficient, self-motivated, trustworthy and detail-oriented.
The ability to work quickly with a team to meet daily deadlines for carrier pickups is required, as well as some familiarity with computers, as you will be using UPS and USPS shipping software.
The position also entails some warehouse duties and loading and unloading of shipments from trucks. Some weekend work will be required.
Reliability and positive energy are a must!
To Apply: If interested in this position, please email your resume along with a cover letter or introductory email to email@example.com. Resumes sent without an introduction WILL NOT be considered. Please include any schedule limitations (which days you are available). Must have excellent references.