Add zest to your life
A stimulating blend of spices that perk up body and mind, Organic Kapha Tea is guaranteed to wake you up. 100% herbal Kapha Tea is a caffeine-free alternative to coffee, great for early mornings or damp, cold days. Includes Ginger, Pepper and Saffron. Now certified organic.
Spices are ingredients in many synergistic ayurvedic herbal formulations, and an ayurvedic expert, when giving you advice, is as likely to recommend specific spices to include in your diet as to suggest herbal supplements for you to take.
- Dried ground ginger is a warming spice, contributing the pungent taste. It helps pacify Vata and Kapha and increases Pitta. It is included in many Maharishi Ayurveda formulations because of its beneficial properties.
- In ayurveda, cloves are considered to promote healthy circulation, digestion and metabolism and to help with occasional stomach discomfort, such as gas, bloating and nausea.
- Black Pepper is considered an important spice in ayurveda. It has cleansing and antioxidant properties, and it is a bioavailability enhancer -- it helps transport the benefits of other herbs to the different parts of the body. It helps the free flow of oxygen to the brain, helps enhance digestion and circulation and stimulates the appetite.
- Cardamom is tridoshic (good for balancing all three doshas). Cardamom is considered an excellent digestive, especially beneficial for bloating and intestinal gas. It is excellent for balancing Kapha, particularly in the stomach and the lungs.
- Turmeric is ubiquitous in ayurvedic cooking. It contains the flavanoid curcumin, which is known to have many beneficial properties. This all-around wonder spice is said to help detoxify the liver, help maintain balanced cholesterol levels, help maintain a healthy response to allergens, stimulate digestion, support immunity and a healthy complexion. It is also an antioxidant.
- In ayurvedic cooking, saffron is used widely: in desserts, vegetable dishes and to season rice. It is used for both its royal color and delicate aroma.