Handmade by Artisans in Michigan
With a sleek, satin finish, this 6/8'' blade has a quarter hollow grind, a square point, and jimps on the underside of the tang. Every part of this Hart straight razor is created and assembled in the USA; from the steel and the hardware to the hand-made resin or hardwood scales. Hart's steel is tested at a Rockwell hardness of 63, giving your razor the sharpest and most long-lasting edge possible. In the spirit of American cottage industry, their razors are created by Artisan Technicians (AT). One AT, from start to finish, has hand ground, marked, sharpened, and assembled each razor. You'll find the AT's personalized mark proudly stamped on each razor to indicate his craftsmanship.The one piece scales have a simple elegance and are extremely durable while providing an excellent balance to the razor's edge. The scales are attached by a hex screw so the user can easily adjust, tighten or loosen to his preference as well as re-scale the razor using the provided hex wrench. The addition of hand carved ''file jimps'' on the inside edge of the blade's tang provide extra grip and control while shaving. Each Hart razor comes with its own storage box, a hex wrench for tightening the pin, an applicator-style bottle of Classic Brand Razor Oil, care instructions and a handmade, water resistant deerskin sheath that will season with age and protect your razor for a lifetime. What is Different About Hart Steel Razors?
- Each razor is made, from start to finish, by an individual craftsman. The initials on the tang are the maker's assurance of quality.
- All blades are made from new O-1 tool steel. There are no old forgings or ''mystery metal.''
- All blades are surface ground before and after heat treating. These razors are guaranteed to be straight for ease of stropping and honing.
- All blades are heat treated in a molten salt bath. The salt protects the blades from decarberization and oxidation.
- All blades are frozen in liquid nitrogen. The deep freezing assures dimensional stability.
- All blades are triple tempered for a final hardness of 62 ? 63 HRC.
- All blades are finish honed on a vintage Escher hone and hand stropped. Every blade is ''shave ready'' right out of the box.