Stim-U-Dent Plaque Removers are a convenient toothpick-shaped cleansing device which helps maintain good oral health and hygiene. The soft wooden sticks are shaped to clean between the teeth, removing plaque that can cause gingivitis and other oral diseases. Great for purses or travel.
6 REASONS WHY DENTISTS (AND HYGIENISTS) LOVE STIM-U-DENT:
1. The triangular shape. Designed in the shape of an isosceles triangle, Stim-U-Dent Plaque Removers fit perfectly between your teeth. By placing the base of the triangle against the gum tissue, you can remove plaque from the inner tooth surfaces and massage the gum tissue all in one motion.
2. The tapered point. The tapered point fits so perfectly between your teeth, no matter how tall or short that space is. Perfect for dislodging food particles and plaque – keeping you clean and comfortable.
3. The wood. Made of special wood that creates the ideal texture and flexibility when wet, Stim-U-Dent Plaque Removers squeeze in between teeth and remove sticky plaque before it becomes tartar (the stuff your dental hygienist has to scrape off during your cleanings). And the wood is biodegradable and comes from managed forests.
4. They stimulate your gums. Stim-U-Dent Plaque Removers will remove plaque and food from between your teeth, but that’s only the beginning. The in-and-out motion used also stimulates blood flow to your gum tissue – keeping your gums nourished and healthy.
5. They’re safe. The flexibility of the wood means Stim-U-Dent Plaque Removers will bend or break if you push too hard – they will never shift or damage your teeth. (Don’t try that with a conventional wooden toothpick!)
6. You’ll actually use them! Stim-U-Dent Plaque Removers unchain you from your bathroom sink – remove plaque after every meal, on the phone, watching TV, in the car, after you go to bed. Seriously. Anywhere, anytime.
Directions for Use: 1. Open the pocket where the comb is kept and, using your thumbnail or a fingernail, separate one pick. (There’s no need to remove the whole comb from the pocket.)
2. Pull out the Stim-U-Dent and notice that the top of the pick is a skinny ridge and the bottom of the pick is flat (the triangle’s base).
3. Stick the pointy end of the pick in your mouth and give it a few seconds to absorb some of the moisture from your mouth. This softens the pick, making it most effective.
4. Now, place the point of the pick in the space between two of your teeth, with the flat base against your gums.
5. Gently move the pick in and out to dislodge any food particles and break up any plaque that may be forming.
6. Repeat in all of the spaces between your teeth.