In 1413, as the bubonic plague decimated France, four thieves were charged with robbing dead and dying plague victims – a crime punishable by burning alive. The judge offered the thieves leniency if they would share the secret that enabled them to be exposed to the plague without contracting it.
The accused explained they were spice merchants and perfume makers, unemployed as a result of the closure of France’s sea ports. They devised a potent herbal infusion--professing this had protected them from infection. As promised, the judge did not burn the men alive, leniently; he hanged them. Soon after, plague doctors took to wearing masks stuffed with the thieves’ blend. For hundreds of years and countless plagues since its formulation, the thieves’ blend has been present as the first line of defence for Undertakers, Plague Doctors, and Grave Robbers alike.
Marseille’s Remedy is not a panacea, but its applications and usages are numerous. When used correctly, it is a very effective anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral remedy.
- Use as hand sanitizer
- Helps clear phlegm and congested airways
- Aids in relieving inflammation due to topical infections
- Can aid in the treatment and prevention of many pestilent ailments
- Eliminates airborne pathogens and foul odours
- Aids in the prevention and elimination of oral fungal infections
- Helps deter mites, lice, worms and fleas
- Apply to sore tooth to help numb pain, and aid in remediating infection
- Can be used in the same manner as Oregano and Tea-Tree oil
Syzgium aromaticum (Clove essential oil), Citrus limon (lemon essential oil), Cinnamoomum verum (Cinnamon bark essential oil), Eucalyptus polybractea (Blue Mallee Eucalyptus essential Oil), Rosimarinus officinalis (Rosemary essential oil)
Directions for Use:
Perform a skin test before any topical application. To do this, dilute Marseille’s with either soapy water, or carrier oil that you know you’re not allergic to.
To use as a topical, dilute with carrier oil in amounts based on personal preference. Start by mixing one drop of Marseille’s with ten drops of carrier oil.
- Marseille’s Remedy is a powerful blend of pure essential oils, so be sure to use it responsibly.
- Due to the Rosemary, be sure to consult a doctor before use if breast feeding or pregnant.
- Avoid contact with eyes, membranes, or other sensitive areas of the body.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Perform a skin test before topical application.
If irritation occurs, wash with soapy water, and dilute before further application. If irritation persists, discontinue use.