Ideal For Any Journey
Cap Valve: Silicone
ID Ring and Cap Plastic: #5PP (Polypropylene)
While the range of chemicals used in modern cosmetic and personal care products makes comprehensive compatibility testing impossible, humangear have consistently noticed problems with the following chemical groups/product types and recommend against using them in a GoToob:
- Salicylic Acid (most often used in acne treatments).
- Hair serums and treatments (detanglers, relaxers, volumizers, polishers, smoothers, shine serums, etc.) including shampoos and conditioners designed to add shine or luster to hair as well as products with Argan Oil (like Moroccan hair oil).
- Silicone-based lubricants.
- DEET-based insect repellents.
- Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Sterile products. Note: Even though sterile products may be fully compatible with silicone, GoToob+ are not sterilized. Therefore, we don't recommend GoToob+ for use with fluids where sterilization may be an issue, such as contact lens solution. This includes liquid or semi-liquid prescription medications.
- Caustic, corrosive, or flammable products. Note: Many household chemicals are sold in specifically designed plastic or glass containers specified by the manufacturer and should never be decanted. GoToob+ were designed for personal care or food items you may need while traveling--not bleach, drain cleaner, fire-starters, or hydrochloric acid.
Cleaning: The tubes and collars are dishwasher safe (top rack only). The flip caps can be hand-washed in warm, soapy water.
Recommend Testing First:
The following products are compatible with the GoToob in most cases. However, we've heard of problems in some cases when using these products and recommend testing a small amount in a GoToob overnight before general use or travel.
- Alcohols (Note: Alcohols may be present in many cosmetic products, including make-up remover, mouth wash, astringent, hair serum, aftershave, and insect repellent). GoToob is made with high purity silicone which is slightly permeable to some contents. Alcohol can very slowly evaporate through the silicone material. If there is a high concentration of alcohol, it is more likely to evaporate quickly so some of these products cannot be used or can only be used for a short period of time.
- Almond butter.
- Liquid sweeteners (especially Stevia).
- Essential oils.
- Sunscreen and tanning lotions.
- Skin conditioning oil formulations.
- Castille soap.
Note: You will know if your fluid is incompatible if it leaks, changes the shape or color of the silicone tube, evaporates from the tube, or dries up shortly after being put in the tube. Most reactions occur overnight; this is why we recommend an overnight trial run with a new product.